Thursday 5 December 2013

Magazine advert reflection

Magazine advert reflection

How did you use your research into magazine adverts to start planning your own?
In order to get started on a magazine advert, my group and I had to carry out a lot of research on what a magazine advert is, what it is used for and also how to create one. Therefore in order to do this I looked into other pop genre magazine adverts to get a rough idea of all the information that needs to be put within the advert and also to guide me on the type of colour and writing that is conventional to the pop genre in particular.I researched into many pop artists magazine adverts over the internet and gathered individual information about each different advert. As our artist is a male, I focused more on looking at male singers in order to get a clearer understanding of how to lay out a male magazine advert. One of the singers I looked into was Justin Bieber's magazine advert. His adverts tend to be quite a basic but extremely effective, therefore I decided to base my advert around that particular one.

What are your ideas and inspirations behind your paper design?
My initial idea for my magazine advert was originally to have a picture of our artist, Jamie, sitting down on a chair whilst holding his guitar. This picture would of covered the top half of the page and the bottom half would consist of information on what songs his album consists of and also inform the audience that his album has just been released. The colours I had chosen to include in my magazine advert consisted of black, red and white. The reasons I chose this colour scheme was because the red connotes love and for our music video to the song impossible we are creating it based on a couple that were extremely in love. However we then chose the black to connote danger and partly a miserable atmosphere as the girl cheats on her boyfriend. Then finally I chose white as it connotes the purity and innocence of the artist. This is why I decided to write the artist name in white as it makes creates more emphasis on the artists innocence.

How will this help you with creating it on Photoshop?
By planning a rough image of my magazine advert before going straight on to Photoshop, it was extremely helpful as I started using Photoshop already knowing what exactly I wanted to get out of it. One of the changes I made whilst using Photoshop was the background. At first I had an interesting landscape in mind, however after using Photoshop, I decided to make the background black curtains as they are more realistic .

·     


1 comment:

  1. You have made a start in explaining some of the choices and decisions that you made to your magazine advert. You have started to consider your reasons for selecting your colours, images and background But further discussion of the conventions is needed, as well as photoshop skills/effects and how it meets the purpose of a magazine advert.

    How will you share this with your group?

    ReplyDelete